Your child will love spending the morning at Alegre Farm as they experience life on a working farm. It’s an engaging experience for them to enjoy the outdoors, encounter and feed the animals, milk a real jersey cow, and so much more!
It’s a wonderful opportunity for children to experience life on the farm.
Farm Camp is an exceptional way to get your kids outdoors and engaged in nature. We’ll have them busy as soon as they arrive with nonstop activities that will leave wonderful memories from years to come!
- They will have a blast in the milk parlor when they milk a real jersey cow!
- Head over the pavilion to an art activity to take home.
- Jump on board for tractor ride around the farm.
- They can head over to our worm compost and go digging for our most important animal on the farm
- Discover what’s growing our garden and rows and enjoy the wonderful smells of herbs and try chocolate mint!
- Head over the bees and see how a beekeeper takes care of bees and the role of bees in our food system.
- Next we’ll walk over to the petting zoo, and see goat milking live in action.
- Feed the animals in our petting zoo which include sheep, ponies, donkey, goats, chickens, and cows.
- Check for fresh chicken eggs.
- Enjoy refreshing snow cones or hot chocolate
- Go on hand-led pony ride.
In between all these awesome activities, the campers will work as a team, enjoy being outside, and make new friends while learning about the farm.
Above activities are standard for Farm Camp, but may vary due to the nature of life on the farm.
COST: $125 per child
TIME: (8:30 am – 11:30am)
AGES: Ages 6 and up
Camps will be held according to age groups:
- 6-9 year olds
- 10-13 year olds
For the protection and safety of our staff, at this time masks are required, but we cannot enforce the use of masks by children.
Have a child younger than 6? Check out our Farm Discovery Days. A perfect day for you and your child ages 3-5.
You can reach us by email at email@example.com or call/text 770-339-3065, ext. 4.
Thank you for supporting Alegre Farm!
MEET OUR EDUCATION DIRECTOR
Angie Mallard is a lifelong educator with over 20 years of teaching experience, eleven years were spent right here as a Gwinnett County Elementary teacher. Angie is passionate about helping little farmers learn all about farm life, utilizing each interaction with nature to reinforce scientific experiences with the children and to promote the preservation of the earth and its natural resources. Her experience teaching in Georgia gives her unique insight into state and county standards and she makes sure to align all activities at the farm with these standards when students come for field trips and summer camps.
“I enjoy making our farm experience fun and educational
for students and stress free
for teachers and parents”,