1How do I guarantee the date I want for my wedding?
To reserve the farm for your special day we require a $500 non-refundable deposit. This deposit will be applied towards your package balance. Your remaining balance can be paid off in increments with the final balance being due 8 weeks prior to your wedding. All payments are non-refundable once made.
2How many guests can you accommodate?
We can host weddings and receptions for up to 250 guests without a dance floor and up to 180 with a dance floor. We also have two out door areas off of our banquet hall one of which is covered. We can bring in supplemental tents to expand our capacity even more. Please let us know what your dreams are and we can make it happen!
3Does Alegre Farm Weddings require a security deposit?
Yes, a refundable damage security deposit of a separate $500 check is to be paid 1 week prior to your actual event. This check will not be cashed unless damages occur during your event or excess cleaning is required, as determined by the Alegre Farm Weddings management team. If there is not any damage, the security deposit check will be returned or shredded.
4What payment options are available?
We accept cash, checks and debit/credit cards. We do charge a 3.5% upcharge for debit/ credit cards. Our staff will be happy to work out a payment plan for your wedding package. We can adjust payment due dates to match your needs. The final balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to your wedding. All payments are non-refundable.
5What are your fees and what do they include?
Because every wedding is different price ranges can vary. Standard wedding packages begin at $3000.
6Can you accommodate my budget?
Because our prices are so reasonable and our packages include so much, we do not normally offer discounts. However, discounts may be available in certain situations. Please don’t hesitate to ask!
7Do you offer discounts for certain days of the week or time of year?
We do offer different prices depending on the day of the week. Feel free to ask about our exclusive weekday prices!
8Do you offer tours?
Yes! Call us today or book a venue tour online to see our beautiful venue.
9How many hours do I have for my reception?
Every wedding is unique at Alegre Farm! We customize your package to meet your wedding dreams. Your reception can be as short or as long as you desire! You’ll work with one of our wedding staff members who will design a package just for you. We do require that all receptions end by midnight (12:00 AM) and all lights be turned off by 1:00 AM.
10Do you have a minimum guest requirement?
We do not have a minimum guest requirement! We welcome small, intimate weddings and large, grand weddings alike!
11Who will I work with to plan my wedding?
Our venue staff will work with you up until the time of your wedding. We will schedule to meet with you 6-8 weeks prior to your event to make sure that all of the venue details are exactly right for you. We highly recommend that you hire a day of wedding planner. The venue manager is not available to oversee the details of your event the day of. We would be happy to provide you with a list of planners we frequently work with.
12What about additional time for extra photography or a longer reception?
We are happy to work with you to schedule extra time for your photography or reception. Our wedding staff will craft a package that meets all of your needs!
13What happens if there is inclement weather?
You may choose to move your ceremony inside at no additional cost (the ceremony must be moved at least 2 hours prior to the ceremony start-time.) We can provide you with a beautiful wedding in our spacious banquet hall.
14Do you allow outside caterers in the facility?
Yes! Alegre Farm Weddings are meant to be easy and stress free. You are not required to use any specific vendors for any service. We are happy to refer you to people and business that we have worked with in the past. However, you are not required to use them. All serving dishes and utensils are your, or your caterers responsibility.
15Can I bring my own food or alcohol?
Yes! We welcome you to bring in your own food and alcohol. Your caterer may warm food in our spacious kitchen, but we do not allow raw food preparation or frying. We do require a licensed bartender if you serve alcohol. We are happy to refer you to someone who can fill this role at a very reasonable price.
16What is the latest my event can end?
No event can start before 10:00 AM without written management approval. All events must end no later than Midnight.
17When can I have my rehearsal?
We will schedule your rehearsal 4 weeks prior to your wedding. You are welcome to host a rehearsal dinner at our outdoor pavilions (for an additional fee). Also, we are happy to suggest other nearby rehearsal dinner locations.
18Is Alegre Farm decorated and may we bring our own decorations?
Alegre Farm is beautifully decorated in a rustic farm style. All packages come with decoration. You may opt to bring in additional decorations, of course. Just two restrictions – no open flames and nothing permanent. You are welcome to decorate to fit your needs with any decorations that can be removed without any harm to the venue. No nails or tapes and glues that leave a sticky residue. however, nothing may be attached to the walls. You will need to designate someone from your party to set up and tear down the decorations. All decorations must be removed by 1 AM after the wedding. The banquet hall decorations will remain unless you request to have them removed (there is a $150 removal and reinstallation fee). Our wedding staff will answer any other questions and see to all your requests.
19What happens if I need to cancel my event that I have booked at Alegre Farm Weddings?
In the unfortunate circumstances, you must cancel your event, 100% of the event fees paid is nonrefundable.
20Is there a space for the bride and groom and/ or the wedding party to change and relax?
Yes, we have a separate bridal suite as well as a grooms suite for changing, relaxing or hiding out! The bridal suite is very spacious with a private, full bathroom The grooms suite is located near the ceremony site. Each room can easily fit the entire bridal party.
21Where can my guests park?
Alegre Farm has ample outdoor space for parking. All parking is free.
22Other than weddings, what kind of events does Alegre Farm Weddings host?
Alegre Farm is a venue which hosts birthday parties, school field trips, summer camps, sustainable living workshops, community festivals, family reunions, corporate events, and more. Owner Pilar Quintero has a strong focus on natural foods, health, and nutrition. On the farm she continues to build a growing homesteading operation which includes a large organic food garden, laying hens, Jersey cows and goats for raw milk, ponies, miniature donkeys, rabbits and more. Alegre Farm houses the Gwinnett Locally Grown store providing local residents with healthy organic food options produced either on site or from other local farmers.
1Is the farm open to the public?
No. We are a private residence hosting private, pre-registered events. Although we hope to host a monthly Sunday Open House in the future, we are not quite there yet. There are two great ways you can experience our farm. Birthday parties are a great way to celebrate and experience all the fun we have to offer here at the farm. Another option is our “field trips”. Field trips are mostly utilized by schools and large groups but families and smaller groups can do them as well, as long as there is a minimum of 10 paying customers (ages 2+). Birthday Party Reservation Form Field Trip Reservation Form.
2Can we request that Alegre Farm bring ponies and other animals out to our location.
Alegre Farm does not take the animals off-premise. In the past we have recommended Pet Parties Plus, since they offer this service in our area; however, we have never met or visited their facility.
3Do you offer riding lessons or boarding?
We no longer offer riding lessons or boarding.
4Do you have Pick Your Own activities at Alegre Farm?
No. We have changed the mission of our farm to an educational venue. We recommend you visit The Dacula Briar Patch for great local pick your own location. Visit them on Facebook.
5How do I contact Gwinnett Locally Grown?
For Gwinnett Locally Grown email email@example.com, call (770) 383-1284 or visit gwinnett.locallygrown.net.
6I found you on the realmilk.com site … is the only way to order milk through Gwinnett Locally Grown? Do you usually run out?
Because of overwhelming demand, we have partnered with Johnston Family Farm to provide milk through the Gwinnett Locally Grown market. We have moved more towards an educational venue, and have reduced our herd which is now only large enough to feed our family. At times we do have extra, so if you would like to be put on a “Wait List,” you can click here for more info.
7How can I find out what activities you have or when to visit:
The best way to stay abreast of all of our offerings, updates, and activities is to like us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter. Facebook is our quickest way of communicating and our newsletters are full of resourceful information.
Field Trip FAQ
1Can students purchase anything at the farm?
Alegre Farm does not operate a concession stand. However, we have a small Farmer's Market that may be open after your Field trip is over for visitors to purchase some of our locally grown items. Please contact the farm for Farmer's Market availability.
2What days are field trips offered?
Field trips are offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:00, 11:30, and 4:00. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
3Is the farm handicap accessible?
Alegre Farm is accessible to all individuals. However, the uneven ground and gravel surfaces may present a challenge to mobility devices. Please contact us if anyone in your group needs extra time to rotate between stations. Also, please be aware that our hayride is not wheelchair accessible.
4What if there is inclement weather the day of my field trip?
Rain and extreme cold can put a damper on a field trip at Alegre Farm! If your field trip is unable to occur due to weather then one of our staff will be happy to assist you in rescheduling your trip for a later date. We will not charge a cancellation fee for field trips cancelled due to weather.
Field Trip Policies and Procedures
Field Trip Policies
Safety is a major priority at Alegre Farm. In order to keep everyone safe we require the following:
- Children must be supervised at all times by an adult. Alegre does not provide supervision of field trip participants.
- All adults participating in a field trip must wear identification. Teachers, assistants and bus drivers must have school issued credentials to receive free admission. Parents MUST wear a school issued name tag. Any adult without identification will be asked to leave the premises.
- This is a working farm. Please advise children to wear clothing that can get dirty. Also, close toed shoes are highly recommended! Children may come into to contact with a variety of allergens during their time at the farm. Please be aware of your students needs.
Field Trip Procedures
Prior to Your Arrival:
- Assign each classroom participating in the field trip a starting station on our rotation schedule and a lunch location using the sheet sent to you by Alegre.
- Determine how you will pay for your field trip upon your arrival at the farm. We accept cash, school check and credit card. We can take credit cards over the phone, but this will result in an additional fee charged to your school due to the credit card company fees.
- Designate one person to handle payment upon your arrival at the farm.
- Alert parents as to how they need to pay for themselves and siblings. You may choose to have all parents pay the farm directly upon arrival or all parents pay you directly. We, unfortunately, cannot accept a mixture of payment types.
- Provide your parents with a school/ class issued name tag. For the safety of the children EVERY adult attending a Alegre Farm field trip must have identification.
- Contact Alegre Farm 5 days prior to your field trip if your numbers have changed significantly from your booking estimate. We need this information for staffing purposes.
- Pack your lunches according to classroom pavilion assignments. This will save you a lot of headache!
Upon arrival at the farm:
- Buses should park in the grassy area in front of the petting zoo
- One teacher/ staff member should be designated to handle payment and proceed to the front of the Indoor Pavilion where a Alegre staff member will be waiting to greet you.
- After all students are accounted for teachers should lead their classes to the Indoor Pavilion where students will be seated on the floor for our opening presentation.
- Restrooms are located at the rear of the building.
Field Trip Stations:
- Prior to your arrival at the farm our staff will contact you with a list of stations.
- You should assign your classes to a station to begin their learning experience. The lead teacher should communicate each classes’ rotation schedule to them prior to arrival at the farm.
- Our staff will be located throughout the pavilion to meet your class and lead them to their starting rotation.
- Stations will rotate approximately every 8 minutes. Every student will experience every station.
- At the end of your field trip all participants are invited to have a lunch that they brought with them in one of our two outdoor pavilions. Our front pavilion will hold 2-3 classes. Our back pavilion will hold 4-5 classes.
- Please assign your classes to a pavilion prior to your arrival. Pack your lunches according to which pavilion you have assigned. Doing these two things will make your life much easier the day of your field trip!
- We will have a motorized cart available to help transport boxes and coolers to our back pavilion
- Trash cans will be provided. We do ask that your group leave the pavilion clean when you leave!
- For the protection of our animals we ask that you do not feed them any of your lunch items.
- If you would like to leave any items for composting we would be happy to accept them. Examples of compostable items include: vegetable and fruit scraps, paper napkins and biodegradable items.
Post Field Trip:
- Use the teacher resources to further the knowledge gained today on your field trip.
- Please fill-out the survey sent to you about your experience at Alegre Farm.