No. We are a private residence hosting private, pre-registered events. Currently, there are a few great ways you can experience our farm. Farm Adventure Days are when we are open to the public for you to experience the farm with your children. We also offer summer camps and half-day camps. Birthday parties are a great way to celebrate and experience all the fun we have to offer here at the farm. Another option is our “small group field trip”. Field trips are mostly utilized by schools and large groups but families and smaller groups can do them as well, as long as there is a minimum of 10 paying customers (ages 2+).
Alegre Farm does not take the animals off-premise for their safety. We offer birthday parties at the farm and event packages for this purpose. In the past, we have recommended those wanting this service contact Pet Parties Plus since they offer this service in our area; however. We have never met or visited their facility so we cannot guarantee your satisfaction.
No, we no longer offer riding lessons or boarding.
No. We have changed the mission of our farm to an educational venue. We recommend you visit The Dacula Briar Patch for great local pick your own location. Visit them on Facebook.
Visit our Market Page for details and to place an order. If you would like to sell in our market email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Because of overwhelming demand, we have partnered with Johnston Family Farm to provide milk through our market. We have moved more towards an educational venue, and have reduced our herd which is now only large enough to feed our family.
The best way to stay abreast of all of our offerings, updates and activities is to sign up for our newsletter and add us to your address book so it doesn’t go to spam. You can also like us on Facebook or Twitter.
Field Trip FAQs
Field trips are offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:00, 11:30, and 4:00. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
Alegre Farm is accessible to all individuals. However, the uneven ground and gravel surfaces may present a challenge for mobility devices. Please contact us if anyone in your group needs extra time to rotate between stations. Also, please be aware that our hayride is not wheelchair accessible.
Rain and extreme cold can put a damper on a field trip at Alegre Farm! If your field trip is unable to occur due to weather then one of our staff will be happy to assist you in rescheduling your trip for a later date. We will not charge a cancellation fee for field trips canceled due to weather.
Alegre Farm does not operate a concession stand. However, we have a small Farmer’s Market that may be open after your Field trip is over for visitors to purchase some of our locally grown items. Please contact the farm for Farmer’s Market availability.
Field Trip Policies and Procedures
Safety is a major priority at Alegre Farm. In order to keep everyone safe we require the following:
- Children must be supervised at all times by an adult. Alegre does not provide supervision of field trip participants.
- All adults participating in a field trip must wear identification. Teachers, teacher assistants and bus drivers must have a school-issued credential to receive free admission. Parents that were paid for by the school MUST wear a school-issued name tag. Any adult without identification will be asked to pay or leave the premises.
- This is a working farm. Please advise children to wear clothing that can get dirty. Close-toed shoes are highly recommended!
- Children may come into to contact with a variety of allergens during their time at the farm. Please be aware of your student’s needs.
Prior to Your Arrival, we will send you a very detailed email:
- Assign each classroom participating in the field trip a starting station on our rotation schedule and a lunch location using the sheet sent to you by Alegre.
- Determine how you will pay for your field trip upon your arrival at the farm. We accept cash, school check, and credit card. We can take credit cards over the phone, but this will result in an additional fee charged to your school due to the credit card company fees.
- Designate one person to handle payment upon your arrival at the farm.
- Alert parents as to how they need to pay for themselves and siblings. You may choose to have all parents pay the farm directly upon arrival or all parents pay you directly. We, unfortunately, cannot accept a mixture of payment types.
- Provide your parents with a school/ class issued name tag. For the safety of the children, EVERY adult attending an Alegre Farm field trip must have identification.
- Contact Alegre Farm 5 days prior to your field trip if your numbers have changed significantly from your booking estimate. We need this information for staffing purposes.
- Pack your lunches according to classroom pavilion assignments. This will save you a lot of headache!
- At the end of your field trip, all participants are invited to have a lunch that they brought with them in one of our two outdoor pavilions. Our front pavilion will hold 2-3 classes. Our back pavilion will hold 4-5 classes.
- Please assign your classes to a pavilion prior to your arrival. Pack your lunches according to which pavilion you have assigned. Doing these two things will make your life much easier the day of your field trip!
- We will have a motorized cart available to help transport boxes and coolers to our back pavilion
- Trash cans will be provided. We do ask that your group leave the pavilion clean when you leave!
- For the protection of our animals, we ask that you do not feed them any of your lunch items.
- If you would like to leave any items for composting we would be happy to accept them. Examples of compostable items include: vegetable and fruit scraps, paper napkins and biodegradable items.
- Buses should park in the grassy area in front of the petting zoo
- One teacher/ staff member should be designated to handle payment and proceed to the front of the Indoor Pavilion where an Alegre staff member will be waiting to greet you.
- After all of the students are accounted for teachers should lead their classes to the indoor banquet hall where students will be seated on the floor for our opening presentation.
- Restrooms are located at the rear of the building.
- Prior to your arrival at the farm, our staff will contact you with a list of stations.
- You should assign your classes to a station to begin their learning experience. The lead teacher should communicate each classes’ rotation schedule to them prior to arrival at the farm.
- Our staff will be located throughout the pavilion to meet your class and lead them to their starting rotation.
- Stations will rotate approximately every 8 minutes. Every student will experience every station.
You can go to our Weddings Page and book a tour online or call us!
To reserve the farm for your special day we require a $500 non-refundable deposit. This deposit will be applied towards your package balance. Your remaining balance can be paid off in increments with the final balance being due 8 weeks prior to your wedding. All payments are non-refundable once made.
We can host weddings and receptions for up to 250 guests without a dance floor and up to 180 with a dance floor. We also have two outdoor areas off of our banquet hall one of which is covered. We can bring in supplemental tents to expand our capacity even more. Please let us know what your dreams are and we can make it happen!
Yes, a $500 refundable damage security deposit is to be paid 1 week prior to your actual event using a separate check. This check will not be cashed unless damages occur during your event or excess cleaning is required, as determined by the Alegre Farm Wedding management team. If there is no damage, the security deposit check will be returned or shredded.
We accept cash, checks and debit/credit cards. We do charge a 3.5% upcharge for debit/ credit cards. Our staff will be happy to work out a payment plan for your wedding package. We can adjust payment due dates to match your needs however the final balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to your wedding. All payments are non-refundable.
Because every wedding is different price ranges can vary. Standard wedding packages begin at $3000.
We work with a wide variety of budgets and do our best to help you achieve the wedding of your dreams. Our packages are very inclusive and customized so we do not offer discounts unless you are having a weekday wedding. We may occasionally offer special pricing promotions. Please don’t hesitate to ask and tell us your budget so we can see how best to help you with your dream wedding!
We do offer different prices depending on the day of the week. Feel free to ask about our exclusive weekday prices!
Every wedding is unique at Alegre Farm! We customize your package to meet your wedding dreams. Your reception can be as short or as long as you desire! You’ll work with one of our wedding staff members who will design a package just for you. We do require that all receptions end by midnight (12:00 AM) and all lights be turned off by 1:00 AM.
We do not have a minimum guest requirement! We welcome small, intimate weddings and large, grand weddings alike!
Our venue staff will work with you up until the time of your wedding. We will schedule to meet with you 6-8 weeks prior to your event to make sure that all of the venue details are exactly right for you. We highly recommend that you hire a day of wedding planner. The venue manager is not available to oversee the details of your event the day of. We would be happy to provide you with a list of planners we frequently work with.
We are happy to work with you to schedule extra time for your photography or reception. Our wedding staff will craft a package that meets all of your needs!
You may choose to move your ceremony inside at no additional cost (the ceremony must be moved at least 2 hours prior to the ceremony start-time.) We can provide you with a beautiful wedding in our spacious banquet hall.
Yes! Alegre Farm Weddings are meant to be easy and stress-free. You are not required to use any specific vendors for any service. We are happy to refer you to people and business that we have worked with in the past. However, you are not required to use them. All serving dishes and utensils are your, or your caterer’s responsibility.
Yes! We welcome you to bring in your own food and alcohol. Your caterer may warm food in our spacious kitchen, but we do not allow raw food preparation or frying. We do require a licensed bartender if you serve alcohol. We are happy to refer you to someone who can fill this role at a very reasonable price.
No event can start before 10:00 AM without written management approval. All events must end no later than Midnight.
We will schedule your rehearsal 4 weeks prior to your wedding. You are welcome to host a rehearsal dinner at our outdoor pavilions (for an additional fee). Also, we are happy to suggest other nearby rehearsal dinner locations.
Alegre Farm is beautifully decorated in a rustic farm style. All packages come with decoration. You may opt to bring in additional decorations, of course. Just two restrictions – no open flames and nothing permanent. You are welcome to decorate to fit your needs with any decorations that can be removed without any harm to the venue. No nails or tapes and glues that leave a sticky residue. however, nothing may be attached to the walls. You will need to designate someone from your party to set up and tear down the decorations. All decorations must be removed by 1 AM after the wedding. The banquet hall decorations will remain unless you request to have them removed (there is a $150 removal and reinstallation fee). Our wedding staff will answer any other questions and see to all your requests.
In the unfortunate circumstance, you must cancel your event, 100% of the event fees paid are nonrefundable.
Yes, we have a separate bridal suite as well as a grooms suite for changing, relaxing or hiding out! The bridal suite is very spacious with a private, full bathroom The grooms suite is located near the ceremony site. Each room can easily fit the entire bridal party.
Alegre Farm has ample outdoor space for parking. All parking is free.
Alegre Farm hosts birthday parties, school field trips, summer camps, sustainable living workshops, community festivals, family reunions, corporate events, and more. Owner Pilar Quintero has a strong focus on natural foods, health, and nutrition. On the farm she continues to build a growing homesteading operation which includes a large organic food garden, laying hens, Jersey cows, and goats for raw milk, ponies, miniature donkeys, rabbits and more. Alegre Farm houses the Gwinnett Locally Grown store providing local residents with healthy organic food options produced either on-site or from other local farmers.